The Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union collects nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We may disclose nonpublic information to nonaffiliated third parties such as financial service providers, insurance providers. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliates third parties as permitted by law. These disclosures typically include information necessary to provide our members with information about additional products and services. We will only allow direct mail solicitations and do not allow any telephone solicitations.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members.
Please be advised that Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees FCU does not represent either the third party or you, the member, if you enter into a transaction. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by the credit union.
We also offer our members the opportunity to opt-out of the Credit Unions promotional advertisements. If you wish to do this, please contact us toll free at 888-918-6476.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activites, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you:
When you open an account, we will ask you for your name, address,date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Information Collected From Our Web Site
At Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union, we believe that protecting the safety and privacy of our web site visitors is one of our fundamental responsibilities. The following information will help you to understand how we protect the information gathered.
Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union may collect information such as:
- user name
- e-mail addresses
- Internet Service Provider address
- access time and date
- failed logon attempts
We collect this information for internal reporting of web site statistics, and product monitoring to improve our services. Information obtained from our web site is kept secure, and access to that information is limited with the credit union personnel who need to know the information to provide products or services to our members and to properly operate the credit union.
Web Site Security Measures
Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member's critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- Once the server session is established, the user and the server are in a secured environment. Some application areas use secure communication, which means that they will only allow browsers that support Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL ensures that electronic data communicated between your browser and Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal sites cannot be read by a third party even if the data is intercepted. Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union suggests that you use a browser with 128-bit encryption, readily available from manufacturers such as Netscape or Microsoft. You know it is working when you see the lock (in a locked position) appear on your browser window.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
All servers run the latest version of Windows Web Server.
Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union asks that you do not send confidential information to us via e-mail. E-mail is not necessarily safe against interception. If your communication is sensitive, or includes personal information such as account numbers, credit card numbers, personal identification numbers, social security numbers, or date of birth, you should phone or use regular mail.
Our web site contains links to other web sites. While exploring the services offered through Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union's web site, please be aware that other online retailers, partners, third party Internet sites, and third party services accessible through Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union's web site, have separate privacy and data collection policies and practices, which are independent of and may be different from Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union's policies and practices. Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union is not responsible or liable for these independent policies and practices and it is your responsibility to review them and decide whether or not they satisfactorily protect your rights. We encourage all users to read the privacy statement of all linked web sites.
Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union does not knowingly solicit data from children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy on-line is important and the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and parents.
© 2003 – 2008 Cheyenne-Laramie County Employees Federal Credit Union. All Rights Reserved